It is important to organise your building insurance protection before construction commences, otherwise it can be harder to arrange and will be higher premium. Click below to read about Builder Insurances, Tradesmen Insurances and Owner Builder Insurances.
This range of essential builder insurances will help protect you (income protection), your business, valuable assets, plant, equipment, commercial vehicles, business, public liabilities and compliances (Home Warranty).
- Machinery & Plant;
- Contract Works;
- Home Warranty;
- Office and Business
This range of essential trade insurances will help protect you (income protection), your business, valuable assets, plant, equipment, commercial vehicles, business, public liabilities and compliances (Home Warranty).
- Liability + Accident + Sickness + Tools;
- Home Warranty;
- Accident + Sickness only;
- Machinery + Plant;
- Commercial Motor Vehicle
Owner builder insurances will help protect you, friends or family helping (unpaid workers), public liability, building materials delivered to site and the growing value of works completed. Plus when you sell, mandatory in many States, Owner Builder Home Warranty Insurance with a Defects Inspection + Report.
- OB Construction and Public Liability;
- OB Volunteer (unpaid) Workers Income Protection;
- OB Home Owners Warranty (if selling within 6 years of certified completion).
Not all insurance cover is the same.Certainly do not compare and decide on premiums alone. Draw up a table or spreadsheet of quotes to be sure you understand the differences:
- the different options and their value of cover
- inclusions and their value e.g. are tools or building materials covered for loss?
- exclusions. Are they important to you?
- is there a finite period in which construction needs to be completed?
- is there an option to extend your insurance cover if the building in not completed within the period of the Policy ? If so, for how long?
It is also important to consider the company and underwriter from which you will receive your insurance policy. After all, you need to have the confidence to know that your insurer is competent and experienced enough to handle your claim quickly, efficiently fairly and co-operatively.
The Building Centre Network's Insurance Service Provider will promptly provide you with competitive quotes from solid insurance companies who have many years of experience, and who offer high quality insurance policies with generous inclusions.