Strict Standards: Non-static method Registry::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/bui58948/public_html/trade-services/defaults_setup.php on line 193
Useful Information - Building Centre Network - Trade Services
Find: Category: Location: Within:


Specific Category

City and State, or Zipcode


Useful Information

About Licensing and you:
Each State in Australia has different approaches, see below, to administer compliance in the important licensing aspect, which Builders and Tradesmen must obtain and maintain in order to offer their services and to carry out work.

Consumer Protection and Safety:
One of the many benefits of licensing systems, is to offer Consumers Protection. Protection is not automatic, there are needs for consumers to carry out before selecting a licensed Builder or Tradesman, when they have been engaged, and after the work has been completed. See the sections on how to engage a Builder and Tradesmen.

Categories of Licences:
Check and be sure that the category of license of the Tradesmen you are considering to engage, is correctly licensed to carry out the work you required. By engaging a Tradesman who is not correctly licensed for your work, could invalidate your consumer protection through your state’s licensing organisation.

Value of work:
Some States have a minimum value of work, including labour, materials and GST, where a tradesman does not need to be licensed. E.g. In NSW, it is for works less than $1,000.
ACT: $ QLD: $ NSW: $1,000 NT: $ SA: $ TAS: $ VIC: $ WA: $

Home Warranty Insurance:
Similarly there is a minimum value of works that requires Home Warranty Insurance be organised for your works. E.g. In NSW, it is for works $12,000 or more, including labour, materials and GST.
ACT: $ QLD: $ NSW: $12,000 NT: $ SA: $ TAS: $ VIC: $ WA: $

Contracts and Agreements:
Be sure you enter into ‘acceptable’ written Agreements or Contracts for your intended work. Have such documents checked before signing, to be fair to both parties. Be sure you are aware of your obligations and do not inadvertently be in breach. You can engage the services of one of our Network Contract Checking Consultant Members.

For Builders and Tradesmen, we can help you with:
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Courses.
Insurance to protect your assets, equipment and income protection.
Home Warranty Insurance (HWI).
Obtaining future work, see Trades Services, List with Us.

Click to find State Organisations administrating their respective Licensing Law.

‘2 In 1’ Mixer Plus Water Filter Tap
New Listings